Simply Ametyst
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anime You're Currently Watching?

+2
Talz
Eka
6 posters

Go down

Anime You're Currently Watching? Empty Anime You're Currently Watching?

Post  Eka Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:19 pm

List some of the anime you're currently watching! (And feel free to recommend any.)

For me:
1.[Recommended] Durarara!! (Ep. 4/24) ~ So far, this anime is very out-of-the-ordinary. It gives off a Baccano-like vibe, and the plotline is very unique. Also, the artwork/animation is just to die for. <3 (Nothing less to be expected from Suzuhito Yatsuda :'3) I'd recommend it if you're a Baccano fan or a Suzuhito fan.

2. Allison & Lillia (Ep. 5/26) ~ So far, this anime isn't something all that special. The characters are loveable enough and there seems to be 2 storylines presented as the anime continues. So far, its not bad.

3. Cardcaptor Sakura (Ep. 10/70) ~ I've been meaning to watch this anime, and I finally got the chance to watch the first 10 episodes. Pretty cute, so far.

4. Bleach (Ep. 255/--) ~ I've been a Bleach fan since '07. Some of the fillers arcs may be a slight annoyance, but otherwise, this show is really good~

5. HeatGuy J (Ep. 21/25) ~ This was... well actually, it was a bit of a disappointment. The story was from the same person who wrote Escaflowne, so that's what drew me in to watch it. I love the animation, I love the music, and one of the villains is pretty cool, but the story lacks in a lot of areas. I'm close to finishing it, though.

6. Hellsing (Ep. 5/13) ~ Not exactly what I thought it would be, but I'll finish it. =P

7. Katekyo Hitman Reborn! (Ep. 48/--) ~ This show is a lot like Bleach, and it very addicting once you get past the introductions and such. A very well done show, so far.

8. Kimi Ni Todoke (Ep. 16/24) ~ Your average shoujo romance show. It's pretty cute, and the music is nice. The artwork might throw you off at first, but its really worth a watch.

9. Kobato (Ep. 15/24) ~ Another CLAMP anime. If you love CLAMP, then you should probably watch this. The show is at its halfway point, and its a tad slow, but otherwise its pretty good.

10.[Recommended] RahXephone (Ep. 4/26) ~ Do watch this. The storyline draws you in so fast, I swear. Although if you're an Eva fan (which I'm not) and do not like shows that are similar to Eva in a lot of senses, then don't watch it. =\

11. This Ugly Yet Beautiful World (Ep. 6/12) ~ Again, not what I was expecting. The story of Hikari is interesting enough, but it drags on a little. Plus, its been 5 more episodes and the main guy character STILL hasn't transformed into that... thing he transformed into in episode 1. I'm getting really annoyed with that. o_o Also, there's a bit of nudity (as in, full body no censorship images) but what's shown is not to be interpreted sexually. More like, "natural", if anything. It gets a little unnerving sometimes, though. ^^;;

12.[Recommended] Winter Sonata: The Animation (Ep. 10/26) ~ This is VERY good so far. A great romantic drama! If you can get used to the Korean-speak, than you'll probably enjoy it. ^^
Eka
Eka

https://www.youtube.com/ekaflowne

Back to top Go down

Anime You're Currently Watching? Empty Re: Anime You're Currently Watching?

Post  Talz Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:42 pm

I like bleach and kobato there8DD i think d gray man, kaze no stigma,shugo chara are good animes 8D oh and earl and fairy<33*__* queen *O*
Talz
Talz

Back to top Go down

Post  Eka Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:45 pm

Talz wrote:I like bleach and kobato there8DD i think d gray man, kaze no stigma,shugo chara are good animes 8D oh and earl and fairy<33*__* :queen: :*O*:

Are you currently watching all of those? If you're finished them, you should say so in the, 'Favorite Animes' thread. :3

I'm starting to watch Macross Frontier, because I'm such a sucker for a mecha anime involving romance and music. <3
"Nyan nyan, nyan nyan, ni hao nyan, gorgeous, delicious, deculture!~"
Eka
Eka

Back to top Go down

Post  Talz Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:33 pm

Eka wrote:
Talz wrote:I like bleach and kobato there8DD i think d gray man, kaze no stigma,shugo chara are good animes 8D oh and earl and fairy<33*__* queen *O*

Are you currently watching all of those? If you're finished them, you should say so in the, 'Favorite Animes' thread. :3

I'm starting to watch Macross Frontier, because I'm such a sucker for a mecha anime involving romance and music. <3
"Nyan nyan, nyan nyan, ni hao nyan, gorgeous, delicious, deculture!~"

hahaaxDDD yes i noticed the day after i posted wrong placexDDlolXDD i saw mf8D e.oxDD good luck~xDDDDDD
Talz
Talz

Back to top Go down

Post  talim1506 Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:07 pm

Eka I agree with most of the anime you mentionned, these are nice choices :D
I took a look at Winter Sonata BTW, wow Korean sounds really weird, but the beggining is interesting!

What I'm currently watching:
1/ Ga Rei Zero: Ep 4: Very good animation and story with great action parts, love the characters also.

2/ To Aru Majutsu no Index: Ep 2: I downloaded this because I saw the opening in so many AMVs, and finally when I started watching it was really catchy and original. I like it so far!

3/ Recommending: EF a tale of Memories (seen the whole anime 3 times): Ok I'm not an emo generally but this anime touched me and I especially like Chihiro X Renji story. I found this story deep and original, unlike the other couple of the anime, whose story is much more forseeable. Episode 11 has litteraly traumatised me, but I won't spoil ;).
This anime is even more exceptionnal by its images: it has the most beautiful images I've ever seen in any anime (the colors are amazing) and the visual style is recognizable among others.

4/ EF Melodies: More plain and predictible that Memories, not what I expected at all. I don't recommend it.

5/ Eka you RULE! Card Captor Sakura ROCKS!!! I've been watching this anime 3 years ago, but still a huge fan: very cute story, but very girly overall, so not anyone might enjoy.

6/ Claymore (ep 10): I've never seen something like this, best anime ever! Uncommonly charismatic characters, awesome fight scenes animation, and it's especially for beautiful-female-warriors-lovers.

7/ Goshuusho Sama (ep 1): Just stupid, but fun! All the clichés of the shoujo animes toghether in one!
talim1506
talim1506

Back to top Go down

Post  Anyaayna3000 Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:30 am

There're so many anime series that I'd watch if only I had more time *O* Right now I'm stuck with these ones:

1. Chrono Crusade ep 13 - I'm not very impressed but I won't give up on it either :)

2. Innocent Venus ep 8 - pretty interesting ... the graphics are okay and the plot is getting better

3. RomeoXJuliet ep 11 - looove it love it

4. Shuffle! ep 14 - hmmm, a bit too ecchi for me but pretty funny 'till now .. I'm waiting for more drama

5. Saikano ep 5 - I'm thinking about letting it go although everyone's been saying great things about it scratch

6. Tsubasa Chronicle s2 ep 3 - I can't pronounce myself yet :D

7. I"s pure ep 3 - not my thing :D don't like the graphics and the storyline seems pretty boring ..

8. Shounen Onmyouji ep 18 - I've started it more than 6 months ago lol but I really like it :D

9. Shugo Chara Doki! ep 82 - the main reason for me watching it is Ikuto *O*

Also from what I've finished recently I recommend Casshern Sins and Requiem for the Phantom ... they're both different in a good way .. they have great storylines, good characters and awesome graphics ..

Ohh, Eka, Macross is niceeee :) I didn't like the ending but it was worth watching :D Now I'm thinking about watching Winter Sonata weee
Anyaayna3000
Anyaayna3000

https://www.youtube.com/user/Anyaayna3000

Back to top Go down

Post  Eka Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:08 am

@Anya: I didn't like Chrno Crusade, like, at all. xD I watched the full thing, but it just felt like it kept dragging on and on for me. But *shrugs* you might like it. I know others who like it. xD
Eka
Eka

Back to top Go down

Post  AyeshaRaees Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:46 pm

I am stuck with macross Frontier. watched around ten episodes. Good... weird... fine. :/. :p
AyeshaRaees
AyeshaRaees

Back to top Go down

Post  Eka Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:52 pm

xD From the two episodes I've seen, I've found her frog cellphone to be the weirdest.
Seriously, what the heck? xD But otherwise its nice. :3

I finally finished HeatGuy J! (Man, such an epic ending.) Overall I'd say a 7/10. It wasn't terrible, but it wasn't a masterpiece either. Fairly average. :3
Eka
Eka

Back to top Go down

Post  Eka Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:07 pm

Ooook, so I've gotten into even more anime recently. xD;

1. [Recommended] Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex [1/26] ~
I have seen the original GiTS movie as well as the 2.0 version of the movie. So, its safe to say that I love the movies. xD I have known about this anime series for it for a looooong time now, but I had never found time to actually watch it. The dub was recommended to me, so I'm watching it dubbed: I will say that if you are used to Major Kusanagi (the main girl) from the original movies (dubbed), you are going to find it difficult to adjust to the TV version of Kusanagi. Now, I don't know WHY so many voices have been changed (but again, I ask myself that same question whenever I see Appleseed Ex Machina dubbed) but... Crispin Freeman is involved. Therefore, I'm willing to watch the dub. XDD
I've only had time to see one episode, but its good. What I like about the TV series more than the movies is its lack of nudity (thank god. XD) Though the nudity in the movies was not meant in a sexual way, it was there, and it always sort of bugged me. As far as I know, there is none in the TV series.

2. Ryoko's Case File [1/13] ~
This anime, so far, has a very Haruhi Suzumiya meets Detective Conan-type feel to it. Its interesting, but not amazing.
Eka
Eka

Back to top Go down

Post  snowflakes1515 Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:26 pm

Eka wrote:Ooook, so I've gotten into even more anime recently. xD;

1. [Recommended] Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex [1/26] ~
I have seen the original GiTS movie as well as the 2.0 version of the movie. So, its safe to say that I love the movies. xD I have known about this anime series for it for a looooong time now, but I had never found time to actually watch it. The dub was recommended to me, so I'm watching it dubbed: I will say that if you are used to Major Kusanagi (the main girl) from the original movies (dubbed), you are going to find it difficult to adjust to the TV version of Kusanagi. Now, I don't know WHY so many voices have been changed (but again, I ask myself that same question whenever I see Appleseed Ex Machina dubbed) but... Crispin Freeman is involved. Therefore, I'm willing to watch the dub. XDD
I've only had time to see one episode, but its good. What I like about the TV series more than the movies is its lack of nudity (thank god. XD) Though the nudity in the movies was not meant in a sexual way, it was there, and it always sort of bugged me. As far as I know, there is none in the TV series.

2. Ryoko's Case File [1/13] ~
This anime, so far, has a very Haruhi Suzumiya meets Detective Conan-type feel to it. Its interesting, but not amazing.

I keep telling myself that I NEED to pick up Ghost in a Shell .__. My friend keeps telling me I need to watch it~ The movies I mean Surprised

Oooh ooh a movie I really want to see in Ponyo C: The new studio ghibli film, but before I knew it my cinema stopped the showing D= So now I'm going to have to download it like I have with all my other anime which is a shame because I wanted to see it in the cinema..
snowflakes1515
snowflakes1515

Back to top Go down

Post  AyeshaRaees Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:23 pm

Eka wrote:xD From the two episodes I've seen, I've found her frog cellphone to be the weirdest.
Seriously, what the heck? xD But otherwise its nice. :3

I finally finished HeatGuy J! (Man, such an epic ending.) Overall I'd say a 7/10. It wasn't terrible, but it wasn't a masterpiece either. Fairly average. :3

I found her cell phone so KAWAI! Like you can... squeeze it! and the kawai noise it makes! I WANT THAT CELL PHONE! x'D

I am watching Kimi no Todoke these days. When I first watched the first episode, I literally twiched cause it was so weird. From the amvs i watched, I never thought that the first epi would be like that and Sadako's voice is so weird. T.T
but as i progressed, I started enjoying it! :D

btw. I cannot find Tsubasa Chronicles on torrents. :/. Cause I usually download big files through torrents. O.O help? x'D
AyeshaRaees
AyeshaRaees

Back to top Go down

Post  Eka Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:43 am

@Snowflakes: WATCH 'DEM. D: xD And Ponyo was cute, but it wasn't one of my alltime favorite Ghibli films. It was really aimed towards the younger audiences (which is nice, but y'know, I'm older than a 7-year old. xD)

@Ayesha: Haven't watched past ep 2 of Macross, so I don't see the cuteness in her cellphone yet. I still consider it the weirdest thing alive. XD
And ah yes, Kimi ni Todoke. First half of the show didn't impress me, but the second half has me pretty much hooked. xD
Eka
Eka

Back to top Go down

Post  AyeshaRaees Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:56 pm

hhahahaha... i am on episode ten so shhhh... :p
AyeshaRaees
AyeshaRaees

Back to top Go down

Post  Eka Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:38 pm

Episode 1 of Heroman aired today. It was pretty epic. :DD
And that Anime Stan Lee cameo made my day.
Anime You're Currently Watching? StanLeeanimeform
8D <3 XD
Eka
Eka

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down